Lynchburg City VA Public Schools

Unclaimed Profile

It has been a pleasure to work for Lynchburg City Schools

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Lynchburg City VA Public Schools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for working at Lynchburg City Schools is because you have the opportunity to influence the lives of thousands of young Americans. You will be surrounded by many co-workers who love what they do and give selflessly to students.

Cons

Schools are seriously underfunded. Teachers are seriously underpaid.

Advice to Management

Spend time "in the trenches," just watching and listening before you give advice or make proclamations.

Other Employee Reviews for Lynchburg City VA Public Schools

1. It was a mix of good and bad.

Former Employee - Teacher in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

Some good reasons to work at Lynchburg City schools is having summers, spring break and Christmas off. You also have off when there are snow days.

Cons

Working at Lynchburg City Schools can be stressful and non rewarding. Most co-workers heavy down the environment but constantly being negative and cynical.

Advice to Management

Leadership at Lynchburg City Schools should not take interactions with teachers too personal. Teachers should not be treated inappropriately for a reason they don't know about.

2. Pretty good place to work

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher Assistant in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher Assistant in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Lynchburg City VA Public Schools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never had an issue with the people I worked with or for. This was a decent job, especially If you enjoy working with kids and you want to make an impact, this is a good place to work. I was a substitute during a period of time when I was unable to find a full time job. I was able to chose where I wanted to work, and based on my availability, may have been offered jobs every day. At different schools.

Cons

If you don't like working with kids, or you don't have patients, this is not the job for you. Also you don't really make a lot of money. I'm not sure how much teachers make, but I've always heard teachers complain about not being paid much since I was a kid. As a sub, you get paid a flat fee for the day which if broken down by the hour is less than minimum wage.