Friendly, easy work environment but little opportunities to advance your career or make a lot of money.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lexington, MA

I worked at Lynx

Pros

Nice, friendly people and management
Ability to learn
Easy hours
Good work/life environment, I doubt anyone there works over 50 hours per week

Cons

Poor benefits
No base salary
Terrible commission plan
No opportunities to be promoted
Very stale office environment
Little perks or interaction outside of work
A stale workforce, need more youth and people with new ideas

Bring in people with new ideas and ways of doing business. Promote those who are doing well and give them opportunities to development new skills. Redo the way people are compensated.

Other Reviews for Lynx

If you're hungry and willing to work hard Lynx is a great place to start

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Lynx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lynx was my first job after I graduated from college and my motivation was to learn the recruiting business and make money. What I got was much more. During my job search I interviewed at a number of Massachusetts based recruiting firms and I chose Lynx because unlike the others it was a small and personal place that didn't advertise how they were going to abuse you into making placements. Agency recruiting is a tough business any way you slice it and it requires a thick skin, perseverance, and the energy to connect with people day after day. Lynx taught me how to cold-call, interview, consult with hiring managers, and close candidates in an ethical and sustainable manner. It's a numbers based business so it is true that the owners pay great attention to making sure you're hitting the numbers, but I always felt like I could be myself and have my own style for connecting to candidates and hiring managers. The open floor plan allows you to hear others on the phone and I found this 100% visibility to be a great way to learn and keep everyone honest. In the hard world of recruiting this is one of the best places to start.

Cons

The company is very small which is a good and bad thing. It means you will get a lot of one-on-one attention, but there will be no where to hide if you're not meeting expectations. You must be willing to work very hard to overcome obstacles and accept personal responsibility.

Invest as much as possible in your productive, proven recruiters. Possibly allow them to have some ownership of the company and help it to grow into the future.

I went to work miserable every day.

Former Employee - Recruiting Associate  in  Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in Lexington, MA

I worked at Lynx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young co-workers
    Close to downtown Lexington for lunch

Cons

Small workplace with outdated equipment (no kitchen, no large meeting rooms)
    No HR structure
    Terrible commission structure
    No training
    CEO standing over shoulder and listening to every word you say on the phone
    CEO approached mistakes rudely and did not give ideas and strategy for improvement
    No room for advancing or career development
    No guidance from senior management
    One-on-one's with CEO each week that gave no advice, just told you what you were doing wrong
    No sense of community within the company unless young employees encouraged it and set it up
    One small room where everyone can hear you on the phone and every word you say
    Extremely high turnover rate every single year
    Employee satisfaction extremely low - no signs of management wanting to improve it
    Horrible benefits (no 401k when I was employed)
    Extremely numbers based- If do not hit numbers you will be fired

Take better care of your employees. Most managers know that the success of a company starts with employee satisfaction. Ask your employees about ways to improve the company, and when they suggest something do not turn it down. The office is so negative and boring that no one enjoyed coming to work.

Treat your employees with more respect. If on makes a mistake or is not hitting their numbers, approach them in a friendly way. Telling one that they will be fired, only makes morale go down, hence decreasing their performance rate.

Some type of HR structure needs to be implemented.

Restructure the commission to be like every other recruiting firm. You will attract more employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Lynx.

Worked for Lynx? Contribute to the Community!