Lyon County School District
www.lyon.k12.nv.us

Lyon County School District is the perfect place to work if your office politics skills are excellent.

Eddyville, KY

ProsLyon County is a small school district where everybody knows everybody, which is a good thing if you are part of the "in" crowd or in a position of power within the district. The students are generally well-behaved, and most still at least try to do what is asked of them. Most of the teachers are inspiring, generous, and cooperative.

ConsWhile there, expect everyone to be polite for the most part, and maybe even friendly, just don't be surprised if you suddenly go from star employee to pink-slipped for no apparent reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you do not want to be surrounded by "yes" men/women who secretly gloat over your failings, drop your office politics and just focus on doing what is in the best interests of students and the future of the county. Examine your priorities. Really examine, stop fooling yourself that what you have been doing is anything real in that regard. You are surrounded by people who parrot what they think you want to hear, then laugh behind your back. Anyone who has the nerve to tell the emperor that he is naked--they get kicked to the proverbial curb while the "yes" men/women continue to snicker behind the emperor's back about his nudity. There are a handful of passive-aggressive bullies on your staff who delight in the downfall of others, and the belittling of others.

LCSD

LCSD (Current Employee)
    Silver Springs, NV

I have been working at Lyon County School District

Pros: Training and development, technology, pay scale Cons: Good 'ol boys getting hired before more qualified people Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring relatives to be prinicpals Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work.

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Lyon County School District

Pros: It's a good place to work. Even you have to… Cons: Some of the people in the management don't care about… Advice to Senior Management: They need to have better comunication with the teachers and all personal no just the school's principals… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lyon County School District.

Worked for Lyon County School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lyon County School District reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Lyon County School District employees.