Lyon County School District
www.lyon.k12.nv.us

Administration is biased and prone to picking favorites over qualifications

Teacher (Current Employee)
Fernley, NV

ProsCo workers are good. Teachers are friendly and many have been there a long time. Students are basically good kids, No gang problems, very rural feel about the community and schools within the district.

ConsAdministration is not supportive of employees. Uses favortism to choosee employees, and hostile to those not within the umbrella of favorites. Very self serving motives of school administration. Will not support decisions of teachers, if it is something that they have to have a backbone to enforce. Rules have double standards, with random selection of who they apply to. Salaries are low, pay has been on freeze for years. Gender bias, with male sports coaches given special favortism. Low qualifications and knowledge base of higher level admin, and all employees are subject to scare tactics every year in regards to job cuts.

Lyon County School District is the perfect place to work if your office politics skills are excellent.

Eddyville, KY

I have been working at Lyon County School District full-time

Pros: Lyon County is a small school district where everybody knows everybody, which is a good thing if you are part of the "in" crowd or… Cons: While there, expect everyone to be polite for the most part, and maybe even friendly, just… Advice to Senior Management: If you do not want to be surrounded by "yes" men/women who secretly gloat over your failings, drop your office politics and just focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

LCSD

LCSD (Current Employee)
    Silver Springs, NV

I have been working at Lyon County School District

Pros: Training and development, technology, pay scale Cons: Good 'ol boys getting hired before more qualified people Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring relatives to be prinicpals Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lyon County School District.

Worked for Lyon County School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lyon County School District reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Lyon County School District employees.