Lyon Workspace Products

www.lyonworkspace.com
  www.lyonworkspace.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lyon Workspace Products

District Manager

I have been working at Lyon Workspace Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No cap to commissions. Lyon is one of the few sales organizations that still provides a company car (new every two years), cell phones (new every two years), lap top computers (many updated recently) and a gas card for your company vehicle. The salary is on the low side but the commission structure is based in a manor conducive to making at least double the salary on an annual basis. If you work your market you will make money.

Cons

Electronics need updated. The field needs smart phones to keep in contact with projects. Some of the sales territories have been neglected and will need help "jump starting" activity. More funding placed into product development and web development.

Look at the rest of the market and competitors to see where to fill gaps (expansion). Pick some core items and be the "best" at delivering quality product on-time.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Lyon Workspace Products (View Most Recent)

Great Place To Work For The RIGHT PERSON

I have been working at Lyon Workspace Products

Pros

Great product and great Corp./Home Office support. Being that you work out of your house having a person in the home office that wants to help you is wonderful. They do use GPS tracking by way of the crappy cell phone they give you , but if your honest and do what your being paid to do, who cares. My Regonal Manager is a good guy and will take your calls 25/8 and do what ever he can to help you learn the product and make the sale. You should be able to earn low 6 figures with hard work and determination.

Cons

Give us BlackBerrys or iPhones, you get on a slow day 12 emails from Lyon/Customers/End Users on a busy day 35-50. And it sucks and wastes time to stop open your Laptop login , down load your email, answer as need, power down put it back in the bag and keep going. They tell us to check our email at least 3 times during the day, and it takes on a normal busy day about 20-30 mins to do it. So a Black Berry or iPhone would not only save alot of time but make it even more efficient by having the ability to check several times a day.

Give us Amex cards or at least set up direct billing for Hotels. You do get the money back every 2 weeks on your expence report, but when you start us off at 36k + Comm. It's hard to cover, let's say 2 nights away at $160.00 per night for the Hotel and then meals of another $50.00 each night away. That's $420.00 and when your base salary is take home of $1100.00 every 2 weeks, it's hard to do.

Good Place to Work for the Right Person

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Lyon Workspace Products

Pros

Fairly good salary. Company Car, Laptop, Cell, Great Benefits Package, Vacation Almost Immediate, Good People in Company, Make Your Own Schedule, Be Your Own Boss, Potential for Income is Okay. Home Office. Customers and Distributors and usually easy to talk to to and down to earth. Great Product Line. Name recognition. Easy access to product engineers. Training is okay.

Cons

If you don't like to work more than 40 hours per week don't apply. You will need to spend a minimum of 35 to 40 hours a week out of office. Paperwork isn't horrible if you're not lazy and do it every day. Pay isn't spectacular for time spent. Company is "thrifty" on certain items (marketing and cell phones). No BlackBerry. A bit of micro management from top down. You will get thrown directly into the fire upon starting. Prepare yourself for a rough 4 to 8 weeks until you get a grasp on what is going on.

Spend a little to make a little. Listen more to our feedback. We're in the field every day. There's no reason not to have marketing materials readily available. Give us a Blackberry, it isn't all that easy to have to pull over and use a laptop to check an email when you're out on the road. Cut down on amount of paperwork.

There are newer employer reviews for Lyon Workspace Products