Had a fabulous training culture before all the company ownership changes. Don't know now.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Morris, IL
Former Employee - Project Manager in Morris, IL

I worked at LyondellBasell North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company really "got it" in terms of how to retain, attract, grow and promote Engineers in an engineering-driven industry. Engineers who could / would cross over into the business side became senior managers. Engineers who crossed over into the Project Services world, progressed well in their careers. Engineers who liked being engineers also progressed well and were appreciated effectively for their contribution to the company. Corporate processes and systems seemed to be aligned. In my experience, I worked with progressive, professional people

Cons

Sold the company to private industrialist, which forever changed the culture because the organizational matrix and even the ownership got turned upside down.

Other Reviews for LyondellBasell North America

No Love at LBI

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have a job that supports my family and pays the bills. I have health insurance and a 401K plan.

Cons

All of the departments at headquarters are under staffed and over worked. You are given more work than you can possibly do. This leads to employees making mistakes and costing the company money and squashing moral. Everyone at headquarters only motivation is to make sure that every goal they have defined at the beginning of the year is met, regardless of what it takes to do so. That’s because their year-end bonus depends on how many of their goals were met. That means management is quick to point fingers when their goals are not met and the worker bees become their victims.

The only people the company hires are college graduates with MBA’s. They pay them a minimum entry level salary based on the chemical industry average. For the most part, they stay for a year or two and then leave for greener pastures.

Please staff your departments so that each employee can successfully do their job. Stop always focusing on the mistakes employees make and start acknowledging them when they do something well.

Average Company, Below Average Employee Focused, Entilted Management Class System

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

Compared to an Average Corp/None

Cons

This is just a job

This isnt the type of company that takes advise from employees.

There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell North America.

Worked for LyondellBasell North America? Contribute to the Community!