LyondellBasell
www.lyondellbasell.com Rotterdam 5000+ Employees

Can't get good employees anymore due to poor upper management choices

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood 401k retirement plan
The workers at the plant level are good people to work with
Bonus is good, but should be better based upon the performance achieved this past year.

ConsMicromanagement by leadership has to stop
The pay must be better to get and keep good people
Are in process of disbanding central engineering group. Very, very big mistake
Too much work with too few people. Makes you not want to take vacation (even though you need it) because you have to work harder when you get back to catch up because no one else is there to fill in for you.
Not enough good training available to help advance career
Morale is at an all time low, even though it should be at an all time high.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your most important asset, not the mechanical equipment. Treat them as such.
Do not get rid of central engineering group (MESA)
Keep the employees informed of what the company's plan and I direction is.
Do not go with the Basell organizational structure, but go back to the Lyondell way. It was much better, made lots of money, morale was very high, and employees were proud to work for the company.
JG needs to forget his Chevron roots, and go with what works best for this company and these employees in 2012 and on.
Lyondell used to have an annual World Wide Reliability Forum, and it brought company workers from all around the world together to network, build friendships, and discuss common issues among lots of plants. LBI needs to resurrect this forum (if they don't run off the good engineers that present topics at these forums.)

Up and down, with many more downs

I have been working at LyondellBasell

Pros: The people are great to work with, but the management… Cons: The management does not realize how to keep employees and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of potential, chronically understaffed.

I have been working at LyondellBasell

Pros: Starting compensation and bonus structure is competitive. Lack of performance culture makes it a great place… Cons: Inadequate organizational planning combined with unneccesary mindless repetitive tasks due to poor process and system design leads to burnout and consistent turnover at lower levels.… Advice to Senior Management: Middle managment is stagnant and lacks leadership qualities. I suggest letting most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on LyondellBasell.

Worked for LyondellBasell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LyondellBasell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LyondellBasell CEO Jim Gallogly. All reviews posted anonymously by LyondellBasell employees.