LyondellBasell
www.lyondellbasell.com Rotterdam 5000+ Employees

The most horribly managed company that I have worked for in over 30 years.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe pay is good if you are lucky enough to be soul-mates with your manager.

ConsThe moral is horrible and most of the exceptional talent has gone. In a recent "new hire training exercise" of over 70 new employees, the 99% predominant age was 24. What does that tell you? For all the rah rah of the Goal Zero Safety Program there is no way that this can be a safe place to work with such little talent left.

Everyone is scared to death of the CEO (including his immediate VP underlings). On a site such as Glass Door you are always going to find a few cheerleaders that are either clear idiots that can't understand reality or are mandated by their management to get out there and dispel with all this bad PR. I have worked in this business for over 30 years and have never seen such a bunch of looser managers. The "pay for performance" program is a joke and only creates a back-stabbing atmosphere with your peers in order to stay alive. The floggings will continue until the moral improves......don't count on it anytime soon!!!

This can't go on for long as the reliability of the sites continues to decline for the sake of increased stock dividends as well as stock options for upper management. Just like Rome, Lyondellbasell also will fall; hopefully not because of a serious safety event.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is bad from top to bottom. Cleaning house is in order!!!

Great work environment

Electrical Engineer Co-op I (Former Employee)
Channelview, TX

I worked at LyondellBasell as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone was very nice and willing to help out, not an environment where everyone is… Cons: Always troubleshooting Can get called out on weekends Lots of politics Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Some great people to work with

Vibration Tech (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Knowledgeable engineering staff at upper levels Cons: Management! The michro managing style is not going to work at this company. This company has lost a wealth of knowledgeable engineers… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of CEO !!!!!!!!!!! Make this a company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LyondellBasell.

Worked for LyondellBasell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LyondellBasell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LyondellBasell CEO Jim Gallogly. All reviews posted anonymously by LyondellBasell employees.