LyondellBasell

There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell

Love this company

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in South Houston, TX
Current Employee - Associate Engineer in South Houston, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a recent college graduate engineer and have worked at LyondellBasell for almost 3 years. The atmosphere is great and the people are always helpful. We are given challenging assignments and have experts to go to when we need help. I have never seen such a strong focus on safety. If we have any safety problem in the plant, we always get the money and support to fix it. I chose the right company

Cons

The company is expanding capacity in many areas and there is a lot of work to do, so sometimes I feel too busy - but I am learning a lot. Also some of the old timers complain a lot and say its not like the old days. Everyone I know that has hired in since since bankruptcy loves the competitive, winning new spirit.

Keep pushing hard and get rid of people that don't want to roll up their sleeves and get it done.

159 Other Employee Reviews for LyondellBasell (View Most Recent)

Good place to work!

I have been working at LyondellBasell

Pros

Fair pay. Good work/life balance. Good Talent acquisitions

Cons

Dull culture, difficult to move up from within. Seem to hire externally to fill management positions

More transparency with staff

Just a matter of time.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They haven't started body cavity searches at the gates, they haven't asked for voluntary pay cuts, and the paychecks don't bounce.

Cons

Maintenance and Reliability departments have been squeezed to the point of being unsafe. Operators are asked to do "workarounds" because they won't fix all the equipment. Morale has been diminished by the major cuts that have come during a time of record profits along with the "kiss the ring" management style. The situation compares to running the family car with no oil and letting the 6 year old drive while telling the college graduate driver they're just not performing well enough to drive. It's hard to tell which will come first, the crash or the meltdown. Either way, the hat will be passed from the grandparents to the infants, and the instruction manual was burned for fuel since we're to cheap to buy gas.

What's the point. They don't listen anyway. They're too busy building their paper tiger.

There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell