LyondellBasell

www.lyondellbasell.com

Financially Sound, But Managed Through Fear

Pros

The company is in a very good position to continue strong profit growth in the US due to differential low feed stock prices compared to the rest of the world. Some plant level leadership support interpersonal skills growth and work life balance.

Cons

Senior leadership appears to believe that high performance cannot be achieved without creating fear at all levels of the organization. Creativity and appropriate financial risk taking are severely stifled as a result. High quality staff are also leaving and the company is struggling to hire replacements as it is perceived as a poor place to work by professionals outside the organization

High performance can be achieved in a balanced work environment.

Other reviews for LyondellBasell

Benefits not equal to industry standard

Current Employee - Hourly  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Hourly in Houston, TX

Pros

Current safety culture is good but losing steam. I'm afraid we are headed for another catastrophic accident.

Cons

Very high turnover among management and hourly employees. Benefits package not competitive with companies equal to ours.

Don't just ask employees about what is driving poor morale and ignore them. Listen and make changes, increase 401K match, reinstate retirement plan to pre bankruptcy calculations.

DOES THE COMPANY REALLY DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE?

Current Employee - Operations Technician  in  Channelview, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Technician in Channelview, TX

Pros

Not Yet, but working on them as we speak!

Cons

A lot, see the list below!

Several reasons why we don’t want to give the Company another chance. We need a Union to improve our working lives, nothing against the company. We fell for that three years ago and here we are again with nothing to show and falling further behind our Union Brothers and Sisters within our industry.

1) 2002 lost hundreds of thousands in retirement

2) LBI Retirement plan is a joke..Only exist for the sake of saying they have one.

3) No retirement insurance for new hires.

4) Working spouse rule.....costing employees hundreds ea month.

5) No raise or 401K contributions during bankruptcy. ..Lost thousand and thousand of dollars.

6) All time company profits...very little bonus.

7) Dropped from 75th to 56th percentile in pay...comparing us to much smaller companies.

8) No OT till after 40 hrs worked use to be OT counted towards forty.

9) Facility sitting...only moved operators because it was the cheapest move to make...no operator involvement at all.

10) 401k matches now 1 to 1 use to be 1.5 to 1.

11) Forcing employees to work very high OT hrs due to lack of proper staffing.

12) OT after eight, spouse removed from insurance, floating holiday changed to two twelve’s, pension, personal days. People get paid 10% upgrade on T/A now if you are a Field Cor. or Permit Writer; we used to get 15%. To get around this they have a Supervisor setting in a Office not writing permits or doing Field work and at the same time CEO and all the big shots enjoining their huge profits.

We have heard that saying “GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE” before, but nothing happen. We have been working hard to make the company successful. We deserve better, not the third party, Union Buster paid big bucks by Company to confuse us about the benefit of having a Union. So, now is the time for us to give ourselves a chance to bargain for better wages and benefits, just like our other Union Brothers and Sisters have been doing in the other Chemical plants and Refineries up and down gulf coast.

IT’S TIME TO GIVE OURSELVES A CHANCE! VOTE YES FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

STAND UP FIGHT BACK, THE UNION STARTS WITH U!

UNITE CVO!

There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell.

Worked for LyondellBasell? Contribute to the Community!