Worse management I have ever seen

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lynchburg, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at M/A-Com

Pros

Peers were great people. We helped each other but that was not recognize by senior management.

Cons

Promotions are given only to people who are really good friends with management or family members. Even if the manager sucks, they will keep them there because the GM has a personal knowledge with them. My last year there, our group exceeded our profits yet all the people on my group got nothing on return. The "Senior" leader on the other hand, got a promotion. Our "salary increase" the senior leader gave us added $7 to my paycheck. Several people on my group left because of this. Peers were great but management was not up to par.

Promote the people that deserve to be promoted. Not only your friends or family but the people that make that company work.

Other Reviews for M/A-Com

I enjoyed the team environment that was maintained by all stakeholders in the production and sales process.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at M/A-Com

Pros

Product innovation and creation was a priority and suggestions welcomed and rewarded. The benefits were on par with other companies its size. The people were hard working and team oriented. It seemed that everyone wanted to see each other succeed.

Cons

Not willing to take too great a risk.

Good hands-on lab experience but job stability may be an issue

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Lowell, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lowell, MA

I worked at M/A-Com

Pros

Got hands-on experience working in labs, rather than sitting in a cube. Got introduced to the field of RF which is interesting. Job was challenging and learned a lot.

Cons

Job stability, bad tuition reimbursement' programs, very dependent on the economy because sells radios to the state

equal respect for employees

There are newer employer reviews for M/A-Com.

Worked for M/A-Com? Contribute to the Community!