M.C. Dean, Inc.

www.mcdean.com

Consistent, family oriented business

ProsParticularly in the office, the company is a traditional engineering firm—work your 40 hours and go home. Generous starting vacation time, good selections in benefits packages, and they take strides to show respect and inclusion for the people that make the company work. It's grown from a modestly sized firm to a very large firm in the last decade, and still maintains a lot of that entrepreneurial small-shop feel and atmosphere.

ConsIt can be difficult sometimes to discover what other parts of the company are doing. Dean as seen very rapid growth over the last decade and as a result some of the internal communications and structure is still catching up. The small firm environment is still adapting and figuring out the right level of delegation from senior management, and it can feel like operating groups are more isolated than they should be from each other (this is improving).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the efforts to improve connection between the various divisions. It's been valuable to see and understand at a macro level what's going on at M.C. Dean, but working to build in-roads at the inter-project level, as has been happening, will help employees feel like part of the company and not just their individual operating groups.

M.C. Dean has provided me with great experiences and promotion opportunities.

I have been working at M.C. Dean, Inc.

Pros: The organization has provided great opportunities to expand my knowledge areas within… Cons: The company still needs to expand more project inclusion for Information Assurance… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with the employees, provide both positive and negative feedback for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging and rewarding.

I have been working at M.C. Dean, Inc.

Pros: Challenging work that leaves you with a sense of accomplishment.… Cons: Long hours with directions shifting frequently. Transparency from management is getting better… Advice to Senior Management: Internal communications can be improved to inform employees of company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on M.C. Dean, Inc..

Worked for M.C. Dean, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!