There are newer employer reviews for M.C. Dean, Inc.

Overall, very positive. It's not a super technical role, but it definitely adds perspective.

Former Employee - Design Engineer Intern  in  Stuttgart (Germany)
Former Employee - Design Engineer Intern in Stuttgart (Germany)

I worked at M.C. Dean, Inc. as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Get a chance to work outside of the US and see things from a new perspective. Great people, and everyone is really close since you're all together in a foreign place.

Cons

There's a shortage of contracts, so you don't always have work. Also, the overall organization is lacking.

Figure out what your employees want over there. People don't like not having work or being stuck on the tedious tasks all the time.

77 Other Employee Reviews for M.C. Dean, Inc. (View Most Recent)

A sinking ship

Former Employee - Documentation Specialist  in  Stuttgart (Germany)
    Former Employee - Documentation Specialist in Stuttgart (Germany)

I worked at M.C. Dean, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to travel Europe. Great manager directly above me, but above them was a mess.

Cons

Unqualified management. Terrible HR (especially for Americans moving to a foreign country and not knowing how things work). Disorganized. Secretive about information that should have been openly shared with employees.

Let someone who really knows how to manage take over the management. Reward your employees for hard work instead of pushing them harder.

US Office and Electrical Construction division should have a separate Glassdoor page, this is for the European Office:

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Stuttgart (Germany)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Stuttgart (Germany)

I worked at M.C. Dean, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Coffee, as the other reviews have stated.

- No micromanagement, because: no management.

- US-based Electrical Construction Division is supposedly better.

Cons

- I'd like to echo what others have said about the European part of the company being a ship sailing across the Atlantic with nobody at the helm. The European divisions are basically going out of business and most worker bees have already left, leaving them with little chance to succeed in the future. In the past years there has been a steady decline in work and employee morale but with nothing but misguided attempts at fixing things from management that is basically a group of buddies sticking together. Anyone smart outside of that group quickly figures out they either need to move on or simply enjoy living in Europe and ignore the bad work environment.

- Many people worked for the company that didn't seem to have a role. I was not laid off however prior to the layoffs I felt as if about ~25 people out of the approximately 150 in the office were actually doing all of the work (we really did have a great team and I enjoyed working with a lot of them!). This is mostly due to absent management that had no connection to anyone or any project but instead enjoyed schmoozing with clients and other managers.

- Management has a very dated view of pay structures, the old school mentality of only "executives" get bonuses exists for the most part (I have already received more incentives from my new employer). Managers receive credit from customers and do not pass it on. Managers perpetuate stereotypes of race/gender and I have seen regular subtle discrimination which is disheartening in these modern times.

- Something else folks have brought up on here are the shady practices regarding government contracting, strange cash flow and purchasing practices kept hidden from most employees. I know most contractors are like this, but it doesn't make it right.

Even winning work is not going to save you now. You first need to hire new good people that have not yet been soured and give them a place to grow and flourish before even thinking about business development again. It's probably already too late unless the bigger part of the company bails you out at this point.

There are newer employer reviews for M.C. Dean, Inc.

Worked for M.C. Dean, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!