M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Good experience on the research arm of the institution, but my PI had adequate funding for my entire appointment.

Houston, TX

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAs a research appointment, there is a strong motivation being housed in the hospital with exposure to patients and their families. The core facilities (sequencing, histology, vet med) are all top notch. The compliance and grant offices are responsive to questions and willing to help.

ConsDepartmental support is variable. Adequate external funding is a must for continued work. Neither of these are isolated to MDACC, but both do occur here.

Summer College Student Research

Student (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good working environment - all other employees I've encountered were helpful and courteous. Nice… Cons: Application processing time - took about a month after I had been… More

Each job contributes differently to saving lives

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The impact we make on the lives of cancer patients… Cons: In general I cannot think of any downside to working… Advice to Senior Management: Executive Mgmt is great. Departmental Sr. Mgmt should listen… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.