M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

great carrer in a down economy

Information Respresentative (Current Employee)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

ProsExcellent benefits including State of Texas Teachers Retirement for everyone, plus a month of Paid Time Off your first year. Easy going atmosphere. The focus here really is on the patients, you can do whatever you need to do to help them, and management won't question you.

ConsLots of dead weight. No one ever gets fired. People call in sick constantly and never get reprimanded for it. Rarely see or here from management. Sometimes can feel invisible here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contact between management and employees.

Great for cancer care and research, not so great if you're an IT professional

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

Pros: Great benefits/retirement plans, very rewarding to work for the best cancer center in the country,… Cons: Very bureaucratic and top-heavy. Executive leadership is reactionary and lacks vision. IT-wise, we're in the dark… Advice to Senior Management: Set goals of where you want to go, and give staff the freedom to determine how to get… More

No bad place for a postdoc

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

Pros: good research environment. people are general nice here. good salary if get… Cons: The paperwork efficiency is really low. Salary is a little bit… Advice to Senior Management: raise the paperwork efficiency, give more benefit for the postdoc,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.