There are newer employer reviews for M-I SWACO

Great company that allowed for growth oportunities.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at M-I SWACO

Pros

The management was very open door with lower level employees. You were able to know where you stood within the company. They allowed you opportunities for growth and training.

Cons

Certain areas were very political and therefore it did not always matter how much experience or skill you had but rather how much upper management liked you.

Advice to Management

Listen better to employees and judge more based on skill and experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not many options outside of operations

Current Employee - HQ Staff in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - HQ Staff in Houston, TX

I have been working at M-I SWACO

Pros

Good business model, knowledgeable leadership Family-like atmosphere/good internal relationsips

Cons

Disconnects between strategy and execution Lack of career growth and development Highly dependent on customer demand - poor job security

Advice to Management

Move beyond words (plans, rhetoric) and show commitment to strategy via goals, objectives, growth.

????

Current Employee - Service Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at M-I SWACO

Pros

Excellent benefits, reasonable vacation time with pay, stability, 401k, well known, safe, certain positions get a truck with gas card!

Cons

Low pay for industry! Our location has the lowest pay scale and it sucks. Takes forever to get a raise but this could just be the local management. Headquarters is out of Texas and we are in California. Other than that you have to work ALOT of hours to get a descent pay check. ALOT=70-80 hrs a week. Family is somewhat sacrificed but it pays the bills

Advice to Management

Hmmm maybe offer better hourly pay or incentive bonuses. I know this career doesn't take the smartest person but it attracks the idiots. If there was better pay it would make it more attractive to the right people and you would have a better crew of motivated individuals.