M*Modal

www.mmodal.com
There are newer employer reviews for M*Modal

M*Modal used to be about improving healthcare but now is about selling products and making money.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at M*Modal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The founders of the technology company (Michael, Juergen, and Detlef) are amazing people. They are bright, talented, driven individuals who don't forget their roots. The Pittsburgh office is filled with a number of talented teams and individuals. The Pittsburgh office maintains a fun and relaxed atmosphere - casual dress, parties, flex time, etc. You have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and some really talented resources. Some nice perks, free Keurig, fresh fruit, monthly luncheons. Overall, was once a GREAT technology company focused on making a difference in healthcare and clinical documentation, now is an OK technology company focused on making and selling products.

Cons

No real career opportunities. Once you get a job, plan on being there for a while. R&D needs to seriously refine their development, release processes. They still develop like a start-up, but try to deliver like an established corporation. Simply not scalable. Since the merger with MedQuist, we have become very top heavy with senior management. People seem to get hired based on who they know, not what they know or can deliver. Becoming a typical good old boy network like many other large corporations. Senior Management is more focused on selling products and gaining market share, rather than improving healthcare, improving doctor's experiences, and improving service to our customers. The vision seems to have shifted and I no longer feel like I am working for a company that is making a real difference in the world - I might as well be working for any consumer engineering company. Senior management wastes a lot of money early in the year, then pinches pennies at the end of the year to cut costs and boost profits. Benefits have gone down after the merger. Compensation has gone done after the merger - at least for anyone who is not management.

Stop trying to be Nua-pple. Remember what made M*Modal so successful and get back to it. Practice what you preach. Be strict with your spending all year, just not at the end when you missed your numbers. Improve your development and release processes.

83 Other Employee Reviews for M*Modal (View Most Recent)

Poor pay for MT/ME

Current Employee - MT/ME
    Current Employee - MT/ME

I have been working at M*Modal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are okay as long as you are a full-time employee. Not having to commute to work every day is a real plus.

Cons

Pay cuts, poor communication from supervising manager, everything is on a need-to-know basis and we are usually the last ones to find out anything, which doesn't make one feel they work for a company that is ethical.

Pay your MT/ME staff a living wage!

This company treats employees horribly.

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Franklin, TN

I have been working at M*Modal part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Get to work from home.

Cons

Constant threats of termination in just about every email communication, phone meeting. Very bad for morale. Don't they realize if they treated their employees good, we would produce better quality work? None of the employees care anymore. We are just holding on until they go under and we can get our unemployment. Can't wait to see that day come!

Treat American employees with dignity and respect. Give us realistic sick leave, instead of 3 lousy days!

There are newer employer reviews for M*Modal