M*Modal
www.MModal.com Franklin, TN 150 to 499 Employees

M*Modal used to be about improving healthcare but now is about selling products and making money.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at M*Modal full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe founders of the technology company (Michael, Juergen, and Detlef) are amazing people. They are bright, talented, driven individuals who don't forget their roots. The Pittsburgh office is filled with a number of talented teams and individuals. The Pittsburgh office maintains a fun and relaxed atmosphere - casual dress, parties, flex time, etc. You have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and some really talented resources. Some nice perks, free Keurig, fresh fruit, monthly luncheons. Overall, was once a GREAT technology company focused on making a difference in healthcare and clinical documentation, now is an OK technology company focused on making and selling products.

ConsNo real career opportunities. Once you get a job, plan on being there for a while. R&D needs to seriously refine their development, release processes. They still develop like a start-up, but try to deliver like an established corporation. Simply not scalable. Since the merger with MedQuist, we have become very top heavy with senior management. People seem to get hired based on who they know, not what they know or can deliver. Becoming a typical good old boy network like many other large corporations. Senior Management is more focused on selling products and gaining market share, rather than improving healthcare, improving doctor's experiences, and improving service to our customers. The vision seems to have shifted and I no longer feel like I am working for a company that is making a real difference in the world - I might as well be working for any consumer engineering company. Senior management wastes a lot of money early in the year, then pinches pennies at the end of the year to cut costs and boost profits. Benefits have gone down after the merger. Compensation has gone done after the merger - at least for anyone who is not management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be Nua-pple. Remember what made M*Modal so successful and get back to it. Practice what you preach. Be strict with your spending all year, just not at the end when you missed your numbers. Improve your development and release processes.

This company treats employees horribly.

Transcriptionist (Current Employee)
Franklin, TN

I have been working at M*Modal part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Get to work from home. Cons: Constant threats of termination in just about every email communication, phone meeting. Very bad for morale. Don't they realize if they treated their… Advice to Senior Management: Treat American employees with dignity and respect. Give us… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mmodal - just like your old fortune 500 company

Medical Transcription (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at M*Modal part-time for more than a year

Pros: Pays on time, benefits, ever growing. Cons: Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, like… Advice to Senior Management: Walk the talk. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on M*Modal.

Worked for M*Modal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M*Modal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M*Modal CEO Duncan W. James. All reviews posted anonymously by M*Modal employees.