M&T Bank

Conservative bank

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

stable and growth oriented company

Cons

salaries could be higher but opportunities if willing to relocate

291 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

Neutral

Current Employee - Persona Banker II in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Persona Banker II in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

Co-workers are great. Locations are convenient.

Cons

Their review system is flawed. I've worked for other banks who were a little more realistic in goals and reviews. Their products aren't quite as competitive as they believe, but then every bank has their downfalls.

Horrible Experience, Much different than banking center positions.

Former Employee - Lockbox in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Lockbox in Baltimore, MD

I worked at M&T Bank

Pros

-It was a part time position during the weekends, this allowed me to have time for more important things during the week.
    -It honestly wasn't a very difficult job at all.

Cons

Almost everything was wrong with this position.
    -Environment
    This job is in a very undesirable location. I was required to come in at 6am, I would often arrive when it was still dark out and there were very dubious people standing around.
    -Employees
    I'm used to a more professional setting. Therefore, I was thoroughly surprised when I found myself surrounded by so many angry and ill-mannered people. I'm not exaggerating when I say, I heard threats exchanged almost every time I worked. A lot of the employees were very vulgar (obscene profanity) towards one another and I can honestly say I was afraid of working there for fear of becoming a target.
    -Management
    The management during the weekends would not allow us to speak. We were literally told not to talk which I found to be odd. I also wasn't trained at all, and was just thrown into the position.
    -Position
    I found the position to be very boring. It was quiet all of the time due to not being able to talk during specific tasks.

To the benefit of the company, I honestly believe my personal experience was due to the location. I can say without a doubt that the actual banking centers and customer service roles are more professional. However, this specific setting (which had nothing to do with customer service) lacked decorum.

Please do more audits and random checks during your weekend positions. It also wouldn't hurt to have more concern on who you hire.

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank