M&T Bank
www.mandtbank.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

Horrible Experience, Much different than banking center positions.

Lockbox (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at M&T Bank

Pros-It was a part time position during the weekends, this allowed me to have time for more important things during the week.
-It honestly wasn't a very difficult job at all.

ConsAlmost everything was wrong with this position.
-Environment
This job is in a very undesirable location. I was required to come in at 6am, I would often arrive when it was still dark out and there were very dubious people standing around.
-Employees
I'm used to a more professional setting. Therefore, I was thoroughly surprised when I found myself surrounded by so many angry and ill-mannered people. I'm not exaggerating when I say, I heard threats exchanged almost every time I worked. A lot of the employees were very vulgar (obscene profanity) towards one another and I can honestly say I was afraid of working there for fear of becoming a target.
-Management
The management during the weekends would not allow us to speak. We were literally told not to talk which I found to be odd. I also wasn't trained at all, and was just thrown into the position.
-Position
I found the position to be very boring. It was quiet all of the time due to not being able to talk during specific tasks.

To the benefit of the company, I honestly believe my personal experience was due to the location. I can say without a doubt that the actual banking centers and customer service roles are more professional. However, this specific setting (which had nothing to do with customer service) lacked decorum.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do more audits and random checks during your weekend positions. It also wouldn't hurt to have more concern on who you hire.

Stable Bank

Buffalo, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros: Financially Stable with a conservative outlook. Cons: Promotion depends on the group Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees as all levels. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Easy going

Albany, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros: Very employee friendly, cares about Cons: Low salary, would rather hire new than to meat employee… Advice to Senior Management: None More

There are newer reviews on M&T Bank.

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&T Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M&T Bank CEO Bob Wilmers. All reviews posted anonymously by M&T Bank employees.