M&T Bank

www.mtb.com
There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

It's like being a telemarketer who is supposed to sell bank products.

Current Employee - Senior Telephone Customer Representative in Millsboro, DE
Current Employee - Senior Telephone Customer Representative in Millsboro, DE

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job and the coworkers are great.

Cons

High turnover, low pay, customers who yell at you constantly. High cost medical benefits and close to poverty wages.

Pay more! Be upfront with new hires by telling them they are supposed to be selling instead of telling them it's a service position. Realize you have employees with access to millions of dollars of customer info and pay accordingly for the experience.

302 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

I made so many wonderful contacts and learned a tremendous amount from my internship... M&T changed my career prospects.

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at M&T Bank as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

A lot of great networking opportunities, access to senior management, many learning opportunities. The bank is very stable and constantly growing, albeit at a slower pace than others but still growing while others may be taking losses and MTB is quite conservative.

Cons

Complaints from some of the entry level workers as being stuck in their roles for too long, could pay a little more

Make sure to recognize the efforts of the underlings, increase pay a bit more and possibly get out of your comfort zones to continue making MTB the best

Great people, not very great opportunities

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very stable work environment. They are an excellent company that will certainly be around a long time and only continue to grow. Good work recognition programs are pretty good. I loved working in downtown Buffalo. That probably sounds like a joke, but it was great during the summer to finish work on Thursdays and just walk over to LaFayette Sq (and more recently) to the harbor for the free concert series.

Cons

They're pretty cheap. They don't pay much and they definitely have some business structural issues to improve efficiency.

Pay people more. Offer more career self-improvement and your employees will be worth more to you in the long run

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank