M&T Bank

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

Floating Bank Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Teller in Rochester, NY

I worked at M&T Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company culture at every branch I visited--really friendly people willing to help and teach. I can honestly say that I didn't meet anyone I didn't like.

Cons

The only con has nothing to do with M&T, but rather the position itself: dealing with customers as a bank teller can be tough. There are a lot of really sad stories. A lot of customers will get upset with you for things that are out of your control.

Every manager I came into contact with has experience doing the "dirty work" within the company, so they definitely know what everyone's going through. The only advice I have would be to the upper management--try to be more involved on a personal level. There seems to be a relationship wall between branch managers and upper management.

320 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

Misleading Hudson City employees

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mamaroneck, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mamaroneck, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not sure at this point

Cons

Had a town hall meeting for the Hudson City employees in which they were suppose to have answers to questions and we didn't get any questions answered. They are taking away the overtime pay and employees want to know if they are going to compensate the pay. Still not sure they said. Just stringing us along. They have known about this and you would of thought they would have the answer. Talked about medical but never mentioned how much it would cost the employees. They talked about how much they care about the employees but it really doesn't seem like it. We hope someone would listen

Take care of your future employees

Great People to Work, Sales/Credit structure impossible

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at M&T Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good benefits, good culture, strong bank

Cons

Impossible to be a sales person and a credit underwriter. There isn't enough credit support for the front line.

Hire better loan analysts who take initiative and put their name on their work.

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank