M&T Bank

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

Floating Bank Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Teller in Rochester, NY

I worked at M&T Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture at every branch I visited--really friendly people willing to help and teach. I can honestly say that I didn't meet anyone I didn't like.

Cons

The only con has nothing to do with M&T, but rather the position itself: dealing with customers as a bank teller can be tough. There are a lot of really sad stories. A lot of customers will get upset with you for things that are out of your control.

Every manager I came into contact with has experience doing the "dirty work" within the company, so they definitely know what everyone's going through. The only advice I have would be to the upper management--try to be more involved on a personal level. There seems to be a relationship wall between branch managers and upper management.

290 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

Misleading Hudson City employees

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mamaroneck, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mamaroneck, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not sure at this point

Cons

Had a town hall meeting for the Hudson City employees in which they were suppose to have answers to questions and we didn't get any questions answered. They are taking away the overtime pay and employees want to know if they are going to compensate the pay. Still not sure they said. Just stringing us along. They have known about this and you would of thought they would have the answer. Talked about medical but never mentioned how much it would cost the employees. They talked about how much they care about the employees but it really doesn't seem like it. We hope someone would listen

Take care of your future employees

Current Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty flexible work hours. Get your 8 hours a day in and your work done and you are good.

Cons

New health plan is not very good (high deductible). Definitely a log jamb within middle management. Raises match inflation and the likelihood of a bonus for anything Admin VP and below is slim to none. Too many meetings where a lot of stuff never gets accomplished. Office politics is very rampant.

Recognize the individuals that come in and grind work out, not the ones that "play the game."

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank