M&T Bank
www.mandtbank.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

Fell short of expectations

Teller Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsCompetitive salary, being a larger company can afford to pay it's employees what they ask. Advancement opportunity is abundant, simply because people are always quitting.

ConsI left a company I'd been with for years to pursue an advancement opportunity I'd been offered. One of the worst mistakes I've ever made. Management motivates through threats, doesn't understand how to praise, only to punish. Any mistake you make causes you to worry for your very livelihood. A stressful, unhealthy work environment.

Also, such a large company managed to force it's workers into a high deductible benefits plan. No option for anything other than a $1500 deductible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach your staff into how to do things right. Coach management on coaching.

It is a job

Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time

Pros: The compnay is involved in the community and encourages employees… Cons: The branches have so few people. If you like to… Advice to Senior Management: Fredericksburg VA seems to be an island. Upper management does… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Strong company - low pay

Vice President (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: M&T is a strong company with a history of community… Cons: Low pay and a very lean workforce Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people and improve compensation. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on M&T Bank.

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&T Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M&T Bank CEO Bob Wilmers. All reviews posted anonymously by M&T Bank employees.