M&T Bank
www.mandtbank.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

A Learning Experience.

Branch Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Williamsport, PA

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsVery intense, in-depth and complete training. Health benefits package is extremely competitive: I've never encountered a comparable benefits package elsewhere.

ConsStaffing difficulties can prevent advancement at certain locations at certain times. Expectations from corporate offices aren't sensible for some locations. Procedural minutiae day-in and day-out are easy to lose track of.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnalyze policies and procedures to streamline and simplify. Research the potential clientele at branch locations to set appropriate standards. Not every location is downtown Buffalo.

If you're a male who speaks in corporate-speak and has no sense of humor, you'll do well.

Commercial Banking Associate (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people (non-managers) tend to be great, but this is… Cons: Management doesn't recognize the talents and skills of their employees,… Advice to Senior Management: Take a look at your staff of employees. Be willing to let them move on to some other department(s). You'll get more credit from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Underwhelmed

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: A profitable, solid organization that always puts its shareholders interests… Cons: Low pay, expensive employee-paid benefits and low morale. No one… Advice to Senior Management: Take an interest in the development of your current employees and you will spend less time and resources recruiting (poorly paid) managers out of college.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on M&T Bank.

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&T Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M&T Bank CEO Bob Wilmers. All reviews posted anonymously by M&T Bank employees.