There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

M&T Bank

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

very professional organization that provides strong customer service and doing right thing for the customer. Very competent management and leadership team from executive level to middle management

Cons

limited growth potential in certain business units.

none

274 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

"Great place to start, but easy to get lost down the road."

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

Great place to start a career if you are in a training program. Broad exposure to senior management and different departments provide for ample networking opportunities.

Cons

Not much room for growth or lateral movement once outside of the first year of training Easy to get lost in the crowd. Not much support from management once you finish your first year.

Identify talent early on and keep them engaged. Don't assign busy work projects to create the illusion of interest, when in fact, the work that is being done does not carry any weight in the company.

Good company, great training, limited opportunities

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at M&T Bank

Pros

I was extremely satisfied with M&T's training provided to me. Ironically enough it is a reason why I was so marketable to other firms. Furthermore, the salary was competitive for essentially being "dead weight" for a while during the training process with no repercussions for leaving.

Cons

I left M&T due to my local situation being unsatisfactory. Compared to most banks M&T is large, however, is rather small compared to money center banks. Because of this, upper level or more advanced jobs are harder to come by. Making geographic or lines of business changes at M&T are difficult. It is clear M&T's focus is on their growth markets.

My only advice would be to have more uniformity among management and career development.

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank