M&T Bank

www.mtb.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

Great place to start my career, I've always been encouraged to grow within the bank

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

Management is compentent, I've always been encouraged to grow within the bank, management takes the time to meet with employees regarding career opportunities, good work life balance

Cons

compensation isn't what it is at other institutions, internal processes are fragmented, communication between divisions needs improvement

Ensure that policies such as corporate title changes and compensation are that same bankwide

320 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

Very positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

The management promotes a good work life balance

Cons

They expect a lot and get the most out of every employee

Keep focusing on making M&T the best place our employees ever work

A good growing experience

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at M&T Bank

Pros

M&T is a solid financial institution that is managed well. The company is a large regional bank within the northeast part of the US, and has name recognition in some markets like Buffalo, NY and Baltimore, MD. The company strives to excel in customer service and really treats its customers well.

Cons

The company does not promote from within. The areas with smaller marketshare have a severe disadvantage when trying to compete with much larger regional banks. The pay is on the lower end of the scale as far as banks go. There isn't much room for advancement unless you want to move to Buffalo.

Work to promote from within, you have lost several great employees over the last few years to larger banks who were willing to promote with titles (i.e. Officer, AVP, VP, etc) and also job roles (Banker to ASM, ASM to Manager). No employee will be happy in a stagnant work environment. Some branch managers even seem to try to prevent their employees from moving up in the company for fear of losing the employee themselves through a transfer to another branch or department.

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank