There are newer employer reviews for MANA Group

WHAT. THE. EFF.

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in New York, NY
Former Employee - Event Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people working are absolutely amazing and super passionate about making a global difference. Honestly my favorite person there is Anis (assistant manager) who is super caring and makes sure that you are super comfortable and having fun in this atmosphere. He is definitely someone who will brighten up your day.

Cons

Bart Yates is the head/manager of Mana Group and looking through my life, I have never met someone so rude in my entire life. I asked him simple last minute questions I had after being hired for the position about the structure and marketing aspect of Mana Group (which is face-to-face sales), and he got super defensive and called me out saying "how dare you ask those questions? why did you even apply to this position?" He sent me home to think over this position and I came back the next day, and he told me that he was surprised to see me at the office and it was taken aback that I would even show up. Afterwards he told me that my questions and comments were "arrogant" and had a "bad student mentality" because I wouldn't get face-to-face marketing a try. I've never been met with such humiliation in my life especially from someone who is in upper management and doesn't know me at all to make that call. And just to make it worse, he then asked me where I was from (I'm Indian) and then he asked me if my parents grew up in the slums of India.

No words can describe my absolute disgust to this person.

Advertise the position properly. ACT MORE PROFESSIONAL. Get rid of Bart Yates. Wish Anis was the manager but he is opening up his own office in D.C. (which will be awesome for sure!)

reviews filtered by

Avoid working here

I worked at MANA Group

Pros

They support charities such as children's international and C.A.R.E., also they are located near wall street.

Cons

I applied to event coordinator position and this company does not present what it actually does. Fundraising face to face , means knocking on people doors asking for donations. In terms of upward mobility the end prize is that everyone gets there own company at the end of the year! Once you complete the first level of training you will then be training others..... that seems appropriate. And worst of all I applied for this job because I though it was a globally minded company...WRONG. For every person an individual signs up , that employee gets 50 dollars, which is great if we were selling a product. You don't even get paid until 3 weeks later and the 1st paycheck is $175.00. The turnover is too high and its not worth walking up and down 8 hours in random apartments.

Be honest when post job advertisements online.

Seems a little sketchy upon first impression

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good cause, it is also a very diverse group, all types of people from different races and walks of life. Easy first round review

Cons

When I got called back for my 2nd round interview, they wouldn't answer the phone, the interviewee didn't pay me any attention during the interview, and also forgot to call me back to say I got the job. Office looks a bit old. Hours range from 11-8pm

Be a little more organized, and stop advertising for Public Relations and other titles as such when you're really looking for "team members" for campaigning opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for MANA Group