MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida

www.mapfreflorida.com
  www.mapfreflorida.com
There are newer employer reviews for MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida

Horrible- overworked and being managed by people who have never done my job

Current Employee - Road Investigator  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Road Investigator in Boston, MA

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible schedule is the only reason to be a road investigator at commerce. You can work from home but you will be working many more hours than the company told you would be when you took the job.

Cons

I am a road investigator and my manager has exactly ZERO hours of experience in the field. I'm not exactly sure how someone could manage me if they never have done my job. Because of his lack of experience investigators are inundated with work that can't possible be completed by the due dates that are given to the files. Investigators are also asked frequently to go into dangerous situations they may not even know are dangerous. Then they find themselves cornered in a room with a dangerous person and having to get out quickly and calmly. It's exhausting and any request from the staff to make things better is met with a clear and succinct manage out process for that employee.

Get the management teams alined with employees that have their same expertise. Perhaps you could elevate one of the current road investigators into a manager role who could travel around with the other investigators and help them with their investigations. This role could also work internally with the claims adjusters to help them determine what is a good assignment and what would be a bad assignment.

3 Other Employee Reviews for MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but few opportunities unless you are in the Webster office.

Pros

Good co-workers, benefits and time off

Cons

Pay, company is very disorganized

Try to get the current system and products working correctly before expanding into new states and products.

They Suck

Current Employee - Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are not the worst.

Cons

Everything, any skills that you have when you are hired are essentially what you will have when you leave. Training is non-existent and management is reactionary

Tear it down and make a parking lot.

There are newer employer reviews for MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida

Worked for MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida? Contribute to the Community!