good

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

management encourages growth and constant improvement

Cons

The company is quite frugal

Advice to Management

Be willing to invests more money into projects

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A challange in the world of international logistics--it's not easy.

Current Employee - Distribution Operations Specialist
    Current Employee - Distribution Operations Specialist

I have been working at MAT Holdings

Pros

Good pay, vacation, health coverage; globel workforce; an honest and even-tempered operations manager; tuition reinbursment program; civil environment; daily diversity.

Cons

Intercultural and linquistic communications challanges; information overflow resulting from redundent communciations requires time to sort & screen; no company car.

Advice to Management

Extreme operational improvements since the arrival of Jay King lead me to advise top leadership to heed his counsel.

devastating

I worked at MAT Holdings

Pros

they gave me a paycheck. i was extremely overworked and underpaid, but still money is money so i guess that was a pro.

Cons

What a joke. First, when I was interviewing I was told the salary was within a certain range. After a couple of interviews, I got a job offer that was $5000 UNDER that range. They apologized and said that they were currently hiring several positions, so the HR person who I spoke to initally must have given me the wrong information. This should have been a sign that the people there were either 1)Con artists or 2) Really ridiculously disorganized. Either way, I should have taken it as a sign that it was not somewhere I wanted to work. Anyhow, I took the job and it was the most degrading, despressing, miserable position I've ever held. I was treated with more respect and dignity back when I was in high school making minimum wage. These people are unreal. There is no concept of work/life balance: a 12 hour work day is the norm, with no overtime since most employees are salaried. They are extremely careless and disorganized and rely on lower-level staff to work like dogs to make up for it. Despite how unorganized they are, they try to come across as uber-professional and corporate, with awkward and cheesy company lunches and corny emails. You can't treat everyone that horrifically and then act like a big happy corporate family when in reality everyone is just really bitter. The only thing this company cares about is sales, margins, and nothing else.

Advice to Management

Not sure if there is any advice that would make this place better. They would basically have to fire the entire management team and start from scratch.