There are newer employer reviews for MAT Holdings

Room for Growth

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time

Pros

The company is rapidly growing so there is a lot of room to advance.

Cons

Since the company is rapidly growing it can be slightly chaotic.

27 Other Employee Reviews for MAT Holdings (View Most Recent)

“Stay away if you already are employed”

Former Employee - Director Level  in  Long Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Director Level in Long Grove, IL

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have decent healthcare coverage. Most of the people are great.

Cons

They have a ready shoot aim mentality. They pay significantly below scale. They are satisfied with getting something 75% as good as it should be; to put the effort and the money into doing it 100% would wreck their financial model. They most always are followers.

This is just how they are... they make a ton of money doing it. It is not a bad company, it just doesn't provide anything positive to look forward to.

The upper managers are aware of this. The top performers leave and their managers are not surprised. I do not know anyone below a GM level that is not considering leaving given a better opportunity.

When a snow emergency is declared and it is illegal to drive within 20 miles of the office, don't dock everyone a vacation day because they couldn't come in without breaking the law. Feb 2011

Don't bother with this company

Former Employee - Credit  in  Long Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Credit in Long Grove, IL

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycheck, other than that, not much to say.

Cons

Managers who don't care about you, who say nothing to you for 2 years, then come to you and tell you they're letting you go because "You're not progressing as quickly as we'd like." I never had a verbal or written warning about my performance, never had a performance review in 2 years. Good managers will want you to succeed and let you know if they're having issues with you, not wait 2 years and then the first time they mention it to you is when they're firing you. The rest of the management is awful. It took weeks, if not months, to get credits and rebates approved and there was only one person who could give the approval and the managers were afraid to do anything because they feared his wrath. Other than that, the morale was awful, and the place looked like they bought the entire building and everything in it from Goodwill. If we had to email something to a customer, we had to use a scanner from 1987 and then save it to a program then go back to our desks and send the email. They refuse to spend any money so that their employees can do their jobs efficiently. I wish there was a way to give a zero rating. I was actually relieved when they told me they were letting me go!

Nothing I could say would do any good, no one cares.

There are newer employer reviews for MAT Holdings

Worked for MAT Holdings? Contribute to the Community!