MAVERICK Technologies

www.joinmaverick.com
  www.joinmaverick.com
There are newer employer reviews for MAVERICK Technologies

not a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer III
Current Employee - Software Engineer III

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pay is good compared to the competetiors

Cons

management is lil slow needs to aggressive and venture into new domains

be aggressive and venture into new domains ,

33 Other Employee Reviews for MAVERICK Technologies (View Most Recent)

A great introduction to the world of automation in a company that promotes work/life balance.

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having the flexibility to take days off when needed. Comp time is a perk that few other companies seem to have. There is a clear vision for growth and the direction the company is going in from upper level management. Managers are willing to help develop and train the engineers under them. There is a reasonable level of respect for work/life balance from management.

Cons

Sometimes as a new engineer you might feel underwhelmed starting out by the work you are doing which seems to be really simple and task-oriented. The Houston location is very far out of town so commutes for some can be longer than average. Project assignments can be somewhat unpredictable depending on clients and need for resources on different projects. Management has a tendency to "keep people billable" which can sometimes be detrimental to a new engineer's development.

Try to make a bigger effort to give new engineers a variety of experience and good senior level mentors. Make professional development a higher priority for engineers in the company. The tendency to keep people billable causes engineers to be static in the skills and development.

Great place to work and learn

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All of the people I've met at Maverick are friendly and great to work with. They have an emphasis on working safely and efficiently. Other coworkers are happy to help you if you don't understand how something works or if you need help.

Cons

Some times there is a lot of work and other times there isn't much. You will have to travel for some contracts, which isn't always a bad thing if you are prepared for it or willing to move.

None