MAVERICK Technologies

www.joinmaverick.com

You better be billable or the bench will have thorns!

Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialist
Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialist

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MAVERICK is fortunate in that they are growing. Our CEO is a visionary, not to mention a great guy, and communicates well the direction MAVERICK is going. Legacy systems are reaching their full life-cycle in most all control system platforms and now is a prime time to be in the integration business. Better stated, MAVERICK is poised to be the leading integrator in North America once the flood gates are fully opened. I love the work hard, play hard culture. Most of all, I really enjoy my job and working for MAVERICK!

Cons

If you are not assigned to a project, or unapplied, the bench, or idle is where you sit. Most people sorta freak out when they are NOT billable as you are now an asset liability. At times, there is little overlapping or coordination of project assignments - it's like winning the lottery when you get back on a project.

Each office should have an engineering resource manager that all engineers report to. They'd coordinate directly with the project managers to resource load their projects. Also, providing guidance, personal development, training and accountability of each engineer.

Other Reviews for MAVERICK Technologies

Looking forward to starting as a full time employee

Current Employee - Engineer I  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture (work hard/play hard)
    Cooperative Environment
    Meaning full work in a variety of industries

Cons

No major cons-The amount of work can vary over the course of a year

Company's headed in a great direction, keep doing what you're doing!

Contracts without resources....forget about the position you agreed to.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies as an intern for more than a year

Pros

On the phone and during the job interview it all looks very promising....but when it comes time to start your position forget about it...you are just another billable resource that they have and you will do whatever it takes to earn income, regardless of what you expected.

Cons

After joining and talking with other employees...its easy to find out how unhappy others are about their job and salary...They are too afraid to be open about it!

stop lying to your employees...

MAVERICK Technologies Response

Oct 31, 2013Talent Acquisition Manager

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy and feel that your position is not what was described to you. I want to encourage you to share more about your experience with your management team, HR or even ... More

There are newer employer reviews for MAVERICK Technologies.

Worked for MAVERICK Technologies? Contribute to the Community!