Life at Maverick

Current Employee - Leads Generation in Pensacola, FL
Current Employee - Leads Generation in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The last seven years plus have flown by and I have had the pleasure of watching Maverick grow and evolve into the largest independent SI in the US. I read some of the less than positive comments about this company and here is my response to you. Maverick gives you the training tools both online and one on one with senior engineers to be able to cultivate your skills and enhance your ability to remain billable and applied...work with your local manager, communicate about your concerns and believe me the situation will rectify itself. Sometimes it takes some initiative on your part to do something constructive to help us help you. As far as my job it's the best one in the company.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Maverick...I believe as with any job you get what you put into it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. You better be billable or the bench will have thorns!

Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialist

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MAVERICK is fortunate in that they are growing. Our CEO is a visionary, not to mention a great guy, and communicates well the direction MAVERICK is going. Legacy systems are reaching their full life-cycle in most all control system platforms and now is a prime time to be in the integration business. Better stated, MAVERICK is poised to be the leading integrator in North America once the flood gates are fully opened. I love the work hard, play hard culture. Most of all, I really enjoy my job and working for MAVERICK!

Cons

If you are not assigned to a project, or unapplied, the bench, or idle is where you sit. Most people sorta freak out when they are NOT billable as you are now an asset liability. At times, there is little overlapping or coordination of project assignments - it's like winning the lottery when you get back on a project.

Advice to Management

Each office should have an engineering resource manager that all engineers report to. They'd coordinate directly with the project managers to resource load their projects. Also, providing guidance, personal development, training and accountability of each engineer.

2. Looking forward to starting as a full time employee

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture (work hard/play hard)
    Cooperative Environment
    Meaning full work in a variety of industries

Cons

No major cons-The amount of work can vary over the course of a year

Advice to Management

Company's headed in a great direction, keep doing what you're doing!