There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS

Maximus is the worst job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Athens, TX
Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Athens, TX

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

good benefits package for employees

Cons

low pay; manipulative management, meeting expectations is like trying to hit a moving target; disrespect from first level management and quality control personnel.

blow it up and start over with management personnel that are fair and competent. Set fair and equitable standards and do not continually change them.

243 Other Employee Reviews for MAXIMUS (View Most Recent)

The worst job I have ever had!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

About the only thing right about this company is they have decent benefits. Group medical, and paid time off are reasonable.

Cons

The managers I has occasion to work with at the project level and from the corporate office are for the most part incompetent and garner no respect from project staff.

They rule by fear of loss of your job and constant intimidation. It is a terrible place to work and once this economy picks up they will be hard pressed to maintain any kind of a staff.

The incompetent management has turned every manager / supervisor / specialist job over at least once in the past two years.

The turnover of the entire staff is so high that most caseworks stay "new".

I'm just glad I'm out of there!

Bid your contracts properly so you don't have to keep cutting staff.

Upgrade your project managers and directors.

Overworked, underpaid, and nowhere to go

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

Decent benefits, relaxed dress code, and my immediate peers were great people. No real other pros, unless you are a masochist.

Cons

No work/life balance. Projects are incredibly understaffed, combined with perpetually tight deadlines, resulting in an average work week of 60-80 hours. Long nights and lots of weekends.

No room for advancement. Stuck in the same position, doing the same exact thing, year after year. Bring in new employees, who were typically incompetent, instead of promoting from within.

Unfair salaries. They were already underpaying if a person worked 40 hours a week. When working 80 hours a week, you are almost at minimum wage. Raises are negligent, and frankly, quite insulting. Expect roughly 1-2%, even though they continue to brag about "record profits."

Ineffective management. Management worked half as much as all development staff, was aloof, and did nothing but schedule meetings that served to inform them on things everyone else already knew.

Take a long, hard look at yourselves in the mirror.

There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS

Worked for MAXIMUS? Contribute to the Community!