MAXIMUS

There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS

CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in East Lansing, MI
Former Employee - Call Center Representative in East Lansing, MI

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are pleasant and friendly. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I had making friends and training the new employees. The best Supervisor they had passed away. She was amazing and understanding. She was fair and upfront.

Cons

Management is biased, rude, condescending, unprofessional, uneducated, and favors backbiting and routinely forces employees into submission and mentally abuse anyone who has more education, drive or common sense than their own. If I could have not even marked a star or had stars to the negative, i would have utilized that option. No one within the management and quality control is on the same page when it comes to any kind of expectations or requirements. The management is far from being upfront with the employees. The favor they show to the employees who have collapsed into submission is downright deranged. They will pull you into the office and demand you end any friendships that you have built, because they are your coworkers, not friends.

If HQ of Maximus really cared about their company, they would completely wipe out the current management and start new. They have so many untapped resources within the lower ranks, that are complete opposite of the management there now.

305 Other Employee Reviews for MAXIMUS (View Most Recent)

Clueless managers. If it can be done by an H-1b then it will be.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They kept their workstations and servers up-to-date. They were open to using the latest versions of frameworks.

Cons

I interacted with three managers on several projects. The managers had very little understanding of the SDLC. If a requirement was changed or added, the managers were of the opinion that the developers should have foreseen the need and already have the functionality needed implemented. I was literally told that if I was asked a question it was never acceptable to say that I did not know. That that response was very unprofessional.

If you are going to commit to a course of action without involving the project team, do not expect them to take the blame when it fails.

Very large consulting firm concerned with growth and seven figure projects.

Former Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large firm, lots of projects, experience, resources.

Cons

Very concerned with wall street and quarterly results, to a fault. Large seven-figure deals are of paramount importance to this firm. Smaller contracts/projects/engagements did not seem to matter much to the company and management.

There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS