There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS

Unorganized Chaos

Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary
Competitive benefits
Within walking distance to restaurants/retail outlet

Cons

Inexperienced management
Unclear goals from top to bottom
Archaic technology
Lack of transparency

Recruit experienced business leaders who can establish business objectives and drive performance

264 Other Employee Reviews for MAXIMUS (View Most Recent)

Too much favoritism and no room for mobility

Former Employee - Client Service Representative II in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative II in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Bonus! Bonus! every quarter. Little supervision at outreach offices. If you like working with the community this is a great job for you. Paid Federal Holidays.

Cons

Managers and supervisors only care about bonus for themselves.Representatives can easily be disqualified for bonus. There is also too much favoritism among employees. Promotions happen on the basis if they like you or not and not so much on your qualifications. Some managers like to micro manage their staff by setting excessive production goals. Supervisors are under-qualified and possess little to no people skills. There is also an attendance point system all staff have 40 points to start and get minus 2 points for tardiness and minus 4 points for call outs. They use this point system to disqualify staff from bonuses. Overall the job is good at first but after a while it is best to move on to a better company who values their employees and provide proper training for upward mobility. Last but not least they try to undermine and belittle higher educated staff.

Look more at the qualifications of management team for a more satisfactory work environment and productivity. Learn to value your employees more and set reasonable goals.

The worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Appeals Officer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Appeals Officer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at MAXIMUS as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers. If not for them, I would have lost it.

Cons

Unpaid overtime. Tasks added to daily responsibilities with no understanding of how much time they might take, and still, see point one, no overtime pay. Constant changing quotas and expectations. Favoritism. Sexual harassment. Manipulating cases/adjudications to get the desired results. Faking numbers. Threats to job security. Kept employees as temps for a year or more, never hired.

Keep it up! As long as you still work there, I will never, ever, have to work under you again, because I can't see any scenario in life that would take me back to Maximus.

There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS