There are newer employer reviews for MB Financial

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Banking  in  Rosemont, IL
Current Employee - Banking in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at MB Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

MB offers a positive, collaborative culture with open communication, great employees and a great team spirit! The training and educational opportunities are top notch and I have already been promoted within a year of employment. MB cares about their employees and this is felt across the organization as a whole. We have great employee events and even competitions like a Baggo tournament with participation of our CEO. I have never worked for a company where you are invited to lunch with the President within two months of your hire date, or where the President speaks to the company at large every week! People respect each other here and are willing to assist one another even if it goes beyond their job duties. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to be challenged and wants to work in a cooperative, supportive setting.

Cons

Can't think of a single negative!

Keep up the great culture!

42 Other Employee Reviews for MB Financial (View Most Recent)

Backward business model

Former Employee - Bancking Center Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Bancking Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at MB Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most employees are helpful and hardworking. 2011 retail sales training area created was good and well organized. Red Checking account was a proactive and well positioned product for the low interest rate environment.

Cons

Computer systems are way behind the norm (circa 1985?) and difficult to use/learn. Retail management team is not well organized. Unlikely to get promoted unless you came up through MB's training program out of college. Most mid- to low-level acquired employees are assumed to be stupid, yet they are frequently more knowledgeable and experienced than their supervisors. Many great employees leave or are shoved out. HR dept did a poor job of keeping positions filled - average hire took 6 months.

Spend money on better technology. Assess the actual skill level of all employees. The right employees in the right positions will retain and grow client base and broaden client relationships.

A company that tries very hard to be just good enough!!!

Current Employee - Retail  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MB Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good people, great facilities and infrastructure.

Cons

It seems management is only interested in the company being just good enough, they want retail accounts without really making a compelling case for the customer (not enough ATM's, retail accounts aren't much better than the competition).
    A lot of old style bankers still left in this company (the type that believes they are all glorified order takers, and that you do enough to get by and not get fired).

Turn MB into a competitive retail bank or hurry up and sell out the nice package you've created for a national bank (Wells Fargo, M & T, Suntrust or even Citi). Look at the average age of our largest depositors, time to attract a new audience !!!! and acting like a retail bank while claiming to be a comercial bank is not gonna cut it!!!

There are newer employer reviews for MB Financial

Worked for MB Financial? Contribute to the Community!