MB Financial

www.mbfinancial.com
  www.mbfinancial.com
There are newer employer reviews for MB Financial

MB lives their core values from front line to the Executive Office!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at MB Financial full-time

Pros

The culture is like no other bank I have worked with. MB really engages their employees and it's great to see so how much they give back. Community is extremely important, there is even a Corporate Foundation to support non-profits in the surrounding areas.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I haven't found refreshing at MB.

Keep up the great work from a candidate perspective and an employee perspective. I feel like I am important to the overall continued success of MB Financial Bank and that is something I really appreciate.

48 Other Employee Reviews for MB Financial (View Most Recent)

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Banking in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Banking in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at MB Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

MB offers a positive, collaborative culture with open communication, great employees and a great team spirit! The training and educational opportunities are top notch and I have already been promoted within a year of employment. MB cares about their employees and this is felt across the organization as a whole. We have great employee events and even competitions like a Baggo tournament with participation of our CEO. I have never worked for a company where you are invited to lunch with the President within two months of your hire date, or where the President speaks to the company at large every week! People respect each other here and are willing to assist one another even if it goes beyond their job duties. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to be challenged and wants to work in a cooperative, supportive setting.

Cons

Can't think of a single negative!

Keep up the great culture!

Backward business model

Former Employee - Bancking Center Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Bancking Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at MB Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most employees are helpful and hardworking. 2011 retail sales training area created was good and well organized. Red Checking account was a proactive and well positioned product for the low interest rate environment.

Cons

Computer systems are way behind the norm (circa 1985?) and difficult to use/learn. Retail management team is not well organized. Unlikely to get promoted unless you came up through MB's training program out of college. Most mid- to low-level acquired employees are assumed to be stupid, yet they are frequently more knowledgeable and experienced than their supervisors. Many great employees leave or are shoved out. HR dept did a poor job of keeping positions filled - average hire took 6 months.

Spend money on better technology. Assess the actual skill level of all employees. The right employees in the right positions will retain and grow client base and broaden client relationships.

There are newer employer reviews for MB Financial