There are newer employer reviews for MBP

I worked as an Inspector Trainee intern on nighttime highway construction.

Former Intern - Inspector Trainee in Roanoke, VA
Former Intern - Inspector Trainee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at MBP as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

1.) They are a company with great values.
2.) Each of my supervisors (I was moved to three different projects while working there) were extremely helpful and eager to share their knowledge.
3.)Great for a first time intern. They are very reasonable in what they expect out of you.

Cons

1.) I would typically work about 10 hours a night, so I didn't have much of a social life that summer.
2.) I would have liked to have had more responsibilities with respect to project planning/management.

reviews filtered by

Lot's of good ideas and good people but a thorny management structure.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at MBP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MBP has an excellent on-boarding process. Their HR group is engaged and "hip" despite the fact they advertise one salary and then make the offer at a seriously reduced rate. The process is a good one and a candidate gets to meet a lot of people during the interview process. That helps with red flags, meaning that the candidate can see if there may be a "problem" working with an MBP employee.

Cons

The internal politics are pretty disruptive. There are people in management positions that shouldn't be in them. The marketing department is in disarray. The growth plan is 15 years behind-the-times. MBP is one of these firms that has sort of "succeeded" despite its dysfunction. Fairly typical of firms such as these. It's overall dysfunction is catching up with it.

Advice to Management

Management at headquarters needs a thorough and complete housecleaning. Some need to retire and some need to go do something else. Interpersonal and intra-personnel relationships at high levels need to be scrutinized closely. These relationships cause overall friction among employees and thwart company growth.

2. A company that valued teamwork

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at MBP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Values were great: Teamwork, Community, Harkworking, Integrity, Forward Looking, Quality

Cons

Compromised the very values that made them great.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

There are newer employer reviews for MBP