There are newer employer reviews for MCN Healthcare

The pits

I have been working at MCN Healthcare

Pros

The best thing about working here are the low expectations. Employees are not empowered to do their jobs, so there is little accountability at the end of the day.

Cons

The downside is being treated like a child. No one is spared this insult.

You do not know everything. If you did, you would be much more successful. Check the ego and learn something from your employees. They have experience in the market and can bring a new perspective which is desperately needed.

11 Other Employee Reviews for MCN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Career Suicide

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

Offers good benefits including matched 401K, paid time off, and health insurance coverage for the employee (not spouse or children). The lack of accountability or shared goals lends itself to a low-stress environment.

Cons

Employees are micro-managed and not given the resources needed to excell at their job. The little direction there is changes without notice or good cause. Management is often exposed for being less-than-truthful or flat-out decietful, which creates a culture of distrust.

My advice is to spend the time creating a strategic plan for the company and then execute it. There has been stagnant growth for 22 years because the owners are not willing to invest in the right resources nor are they willing to empower their employees. Perhaps business school instead of nursing school would help?

Loyal, Rewarding and Merit Based

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MCN is family owned. That means more good than bad to me. They are family. They treat their employees like family and are extremely loyal. They believe in education self-improvement and self empowerment. It is female entrepreneur owned and they strongly believe in entrepreneurial environment. If you have an idea, a way to improve something - they listen! They are interested in the community, supporting women and families in Africa. The employees are very supportive of each other and lift each other up -

Cons

I wish there were more events where we mingled with other departments. I want to understand strategy and direction of the company. There is a bit of a rumor culture. In order to understand the direction of the company or what/how we can support the company to do better and therefore keep our jobs!

There are newer employer reviews for MCN Healthcare