MCN Healthcare

www.mcnhealthcare.com
  www.mcnhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for MCN Healthcare

Positive and Glass-Half Full… A Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at MCN Healthcare

Pros

I’m a current employee and I believe in MCN Healthcare.

As a long term employee of MCN Healthcare for many years, I have found a great career and family in working for MCN. The company offers an opportunity to work in a team environment, welcomes new ideas, has many brainstorming sessions to encourage employee participation, and has a management staff that keeps others in the loop about the happenings within the company. Employee growth and advancement is encouraged by reimbursement for personal development through classes, books, seminars, etc. It’s an open-door environment where we share ideas and work on teams to meet the company goals together. There are great health, dental, 401K benefits and a very generous time off plan as well.

We all have choices. The majority of the employees I know, including myself, enjoy coming to work each day and being positive about the future of such an innovative company. For some of my past colleagues who have chosen to leave, good for them in making the choice to move on to something else that will hopefully make them happier, and let the rest of us continue where we are and doing our best to help this company with its continued future success.

There are several employees who have been with this company for more than a decade, and with a 24-year company history, we are looking forward to experiencing the next decade as a part of the MCN team too.

Cons

There are Cons with any job and/or company, but what gets us all through the tough times is keeping a positive attitude. There is a lot of opportunity to work with teams and ask for co-workers input, so whenever a challenge arises or there is change within the company, the Pros far outweigh the Cons at MCN.

One Con for MCN is the curent lack of a clearly defined vision for the company in the next 5 years. While the company has been around for 24 years, it would be nice to know the future goals we employees are working towards now.

Just keep the new communication flowing like it has been. It's important for the employees to know and be a part of what is going on at the company.

13 Other Employee Reviews for MCN Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Unemployment is Better than This

I have been working at MCN Healthcare

Pros

They added a 401k like a year and a half ago. But other than that, none.

Cons

There a several people at this company who are related to each other. That breeds a sense of nepotism and covert feeling of "I am better than you are". Secondly, all of these people are in management so that makes it even worse. There are no laws against this but really, it should be an illegal practice. The amount of people that go in and out of MCN makes it looks like a revolving door. The owners of the company don't see this, but the solution is to break up the top of the pyramid. Unfortunately, I don't see that ever happening.

It says right on the MCN website that the people who started the company are from healthcare, not business. MCN is a business and is desperately lacking the managerial skills and business acumen needed for a software company. It's really sad because corruption at the top can't be solved with hire/fire at the bottom. MCN management will need to learn that to survive.

Don't Work Here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

Decent benefits, lots of paid time off, and you always are meeting new people due to the average six month turnover time of employees. The employees themselves all get along great (just not with management).

Cons

Employees are not respected as people and feedback is not appreciated. New ideas are not welcomed, the whole company is basically run by three people who don't listen to anyone else, even though they have a very talented employee team. Management is uneducated and doesn't make decisions in the best interest of their workers or their products. The company has a very selfish atmosphere and gossiping among the management team is popular. There are no company meetings and there are many secrets among upper management, so employees never quite know what is truly going on. Ethics are not highly valued, nor is telling the truth. Management has no leadership skills, they don't show any interest in the people working for them, and they love to blame anyone and everyone. There is no opportunity to succeed in your position, and there are no raises or rewards, even for hard work. All in all, this is a terrible place to work.

Begin by communicating with your employees on a weekly to monthly basis. Also, investing in the people who spend their time working for you would greatly improve company dynamic...a simple "thank you" would work wonders. Appreciate people for what they are gifted in and stop trying to run every aspect of the company yourself, USE the people that you hired for their talents!

There are newer employer reviews for MCN Healthcare