Postdoctoral Fellow

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the chance to work with smart researchers. The offices are big and quite. There is a fitness center for free for the ones who works out regularly.

Cons

Advice to Management

Correcting those: Compensation is lower than the other places. Any paperwork takes long time inside the institution. The administrative personnel is not responsive to our concerns. Had to chance to see my advisor very rarely and briefly.

Other Employee Reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center

1. Almost at the 10 year mark and still love coming to work everyday

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's very clean and a nice modern and social environment. Each person who works here feels like we make a difference, it's not just a job. Educational opportunities are pretty good. Nice gym on site and plenty of programs for work/life balance. Very good benefits and retirement package.

Cons

There is a lot of red tape here, but I think it would be that way at any place the size of MD Anderson. It's difficult to get promoted or get a decent raise here. The pay is not on par with other positions in different institutions unfortunately. And the workload to staff ratio is very is very uneven a lot of the time.

Advice to Management

Overall I think Management does a good job, like any other position you have good ones, and bad ones. Do more to see the potential in your people, reward them or they'll leave.

2. Excellent opportunity and research environment.

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team work and jovial environment.Everyone is helpful and the team with which I worked was very helpful and guided me to become an effective researcher.

Cons

Sometimes the work pressure was too much ,some of the team members were disorganized which made the work towards the deadline too hectic.