MD Anderson Cancer Center

www.mdanderson.org
  www.mdanderson.org
There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center

Work with some amazing people, they are just not in the positions they should be...

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love to help people; a lot of great people.
Im not in patient care but I love just to help them find an elevator if thats all I do.
Tution assistance.
It would be the greatest place to work if the values of the founder were still echoing through the institution.

Cons

Public image is only concern as is patient census with management.
Creates motion to have motion regardless of wastes of ineffciency. Then as a result uses this platform to cancel benefits and payouts.
Hr will not enforce anything, states "its managers discretion" regardless of the policy interpetation.
Upper mgt is a,lways looking to penalize low level workers and strip benefits from them all the while continuing to take exhorbent bonuses and building totems of worship for all to see thier greatness.
Class warfare is constant
Wants to be the McDonalds of Cancer; have a treatment center on every corner.

I am sure Monroe Dunaway Anderson is rolling in his grave at what has become of his vision. This used to be place where employees were the "heart and soul of MDA" but now thanks to upper mgt over the last few years every employee is looked at as a burder or a unit of labor. The disconnect has happened, employees are no longer appreciated;some depts attemt to do good but HR usual steps in and frowns upon it... Poll your support personell; they see what is really going on, get their opinions, ask them if they feel welcome. The view is quite different once you are out of the ivory tower.

342 Other Employee Reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center as an intern

Pros

The company is successful and you can find many ways to elevate your skills at this place. They provide support for learning and education.

Cons

As an engineer, I don't feel there are enough opportunities to grow in my career path.
    Engineers are considered as a support, not essential in their business!

Great!!!

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, very structured and organized. I worked for here for 5years met great people and the Doctors are truly passionate about what they do!

Cons

Do research on departments before you accept some departments have poor management. It's more of who you know rather than your qualifications for jobs be mindful of this.

Management needs to cleaned up at MD some managers are not at all qualified to be managers. The best manage I had retired and I left the department.

There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center