MD Anderson
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

A good employer with excellent benefits, leading edge research facilities and boundless opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsA world class cancer research facility with leading edge technologies. Great people, and very good work /life balance. Middle management does try to meet the expectations of the extremely diverse workforce.

ConsExcessive political correctness, one must be very careful during casual conversations not to say anything that might be taken in the wrong context. In some cases, departmental meetings are not well structured, no process check, items brought up not on agenda.and outside the scope of the meeting. When assigned to work on special projects, very seldom were clear objectives set with defined dates for specific milestones. Projects tended to be open ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to communicate more frequently with classified employees. I never once observed anyone from senior management personally attend a division level employee meeting. There needs to be more focus on improving public areas, two many dollars are spent on the aesthetics of buildings the public cannot access, yet some areas which are there to serve patients and their family members are in need significant improvements.

Satisfactoy

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at MD Anderson

Pros: Nice Environment and Good working conditions Cons: Difficult parkong situations. However, I believe there will be improvement… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

intense postdoc training

Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at MD Anderson

Pros: MD Anderson Cancer Center is the largest cancer center in the world. It has a large population of patients… Cons: Big and hierarchy organization slow down everything. "At every step, we have somebody there to help you"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MD Anderson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MD Anderson CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by MD Anderson employees.