MD Anderson

www.mdanderson.org

A great institution to be part of it; I worked here as Senior Statistical Analyst

Senior Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt offers an academic environment with huge community of researchers and investigators. Got opportunity to mange and analyze data with millions of records of cancer patients which would not be available elsewhere. Inferential statistics which yield new methodologies and new solutions. I developed a new method for early detection of acute kidney injury among cancer patient with creatinine as bio-marker.

ConsBased on the huge size and diverse nature of various departments, HR department works like postoffice and local managers tend to hire like minded people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew hires must be cross verified by 2 referees at random by the institution anonymously to avoid conglomeration of same ethnic, gender of religious subgroups. Some labs you will see only Chinese or Indians and other people become hesitant to apply there due to possibility of adverse work condition and this can be avoided.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

World class research institute

Instructor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent reputation in cancer research, very good environment and resources… Cons: While the external funding is hard to get, there are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to intern for if you are pre-med!

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson part-time for more than a year

Pros: It's flexible and social; the bosses are really nice. Cons: It's really stressful at times. Advice to Senior Management: They are doing great! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!