There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson

Almost at the 10 year mark and still love coming to work everyday

Current Employee - Program Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's very clean and a nice modern and social environment. Each person who works here feels like we make a difference, it's not just a job. Educational opportunities are pretty good. Nice gym on site and plenty of programs for work/life balance. Very good benefits and retirement package.

Cons

There is a lot of red tape here, but I think it would be that way at any place the size of MD Anderson. It's difficult to get promoted or get a decent raise here. The pay is not on par with other positions in different institutions unfortunately. And the workload to staff ratio is very is very uneven a lot of the time.

Overall I think Management does a good job, like any other position you have good ones, and bad ones. Do more to see the potential in your people, reward them or they'll leave.

311 Other Employee Reviews for MD Anderson (View Most Recent)

It's getting worse...

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved the previous environment, but now...not much pros

Cons

I loved the previous environment, but now...because of the depression, it becomes more and more difficult to survive here. Everyday, you will here some faculties leaving the institution, and of course their employees as well.

Should give more chance to all the faculties and trainees. The funding is now only in certain people's control.

Excellent opportunity and research environment.

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team work and jovial environment.Everyone is helpful and the team with which I worked was very helpful and guided me to become an effective researcher.

Cons

Sometimes the work pressure was too much ,some of the team members were disorganized which made the work towards the deadline too hectic.

There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!