MD Anderson
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Forgotten mission and core values. Arrogance is a problem.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsDecent benefits, work with lots of smart, dedicated people. It is very rewarding to help so many patients in need. TRS retirement is great benefit, if you can sick it out.

ConsMDAnderson, you aren't the only place in town. Get real. High level managers in it for themselves have discarded the core value: INTEGRITY. You still have many hardworking, dedicated employees to keep the place running, But even patients are noticing how you have slipped. Now it's just business. That is very sad. I am not interested in returning.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrity, Caring and Teamwork has to start at the top. and be expected of ALL. You ave too many in high levels who abuse their power over others. MDAnderson, you are headed in the WRONG direction. Get your high level managers to practice what you preach and treat employees and patients right.

its a paycheck

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
    Smithville, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: state retirement, free parking, nice scenery Cons: air conditioning is too cold, no cell phone service No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not really what you know, but "Who" you know and "Who" has "POWER"

Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: competitive salary, most folks are friendly and willing to share knowledge, mentoring… Cons: It's not what you know, but who you know environment. Fear of retalitaion from upper management is frequently a concern across the institution. Many in… More
There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MD Anderson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MD Anderson CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by MD Anderson employees.