MD Anderson
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

an odd beast

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsMDACC has great benefits, many interesting things going on, good work-life programs, and lots of interesting people to work with.

Consthe bureucracy can be overwhelming. Since it's an arm of UT, it's a state agency; since it's a state agency, it's a huge bureaucracy. There are some 18000 employees so it can be tough to get to know all the people you need to know to get the job done well.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to recognize that middle management needs more opportunities to make real changes. This might allow lower-level (non-patient-facing) employees to feel as though they are making more of a difference.

Great Place to Work and Retire From

Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at MD Anderson

Pros: I have worked for M.D. Anderson for the past twenty years. I have never seen or heard of a better hospital to work in.… Cons: If you do not know someone within the company, it will be hard to become a employee within M.D. unless you are highly qualified for… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. Keep the line of communication open as it has… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

MD Anderson Cancer Center

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MD Anderson

Pros: MD Anderson is a good place to work Cons: very limited growth potential for non-medical personnel Advice to Senior Management: put more focus on work/life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MD Anderson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MD Anderson CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by MD Anderson employees.