MD Anderson
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Work with some amazing people, they are just not in the positions they should be...

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsLove to help people; a lot of great people.
Im not in patient care but I love just to help them find an elevator if thats all I do.
Tution assistance.
It would be the greatest place to work if the values of the founder were still echoing through the institution.

ConsPublic image is only concern as is patient census with management.
Creates motion to have motion regardless of wastes of ineffciency. Then as a result uses this platform to cancel benefits and payouts.
Hr will not enforce anything, states "its managers discretion" regardless of the policy interpetation.
Upper mgt is a,lways looking to penalize low level workers and strip benefits from them all the while continuing to take exhorbent bonuses and building totems of worship for all to see thier greatness.
Class warfare is constant
Wants to be the McDonalds of Cancer; have a treatment center on every corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am sure Monroe Dunaway Anderson is rolling in his grave at what has become of his vision. This used to be place where employees were the "heart and soul of MDA" but now thanks to upper mgt over the last few years every employee is looked at as a burder or a unit of labor. The disconnect has happened, employees are no longer appreciated;some depts attemt to do good but HR usual steps in and frowns upon it... Poll your support personell; they see what is really going on, get their opinions, ask them if they feel welcome. The view is quite different once you are out of the ivory tower.

Grand environment but enthusiasm is stifled by control-freaks

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)
    Smithville, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for less than a year

Pros: MD Anderson Cancer Center is a grand place to work, lots of professionals just a phone call away, which makes collaboration easy. The benefits are… Cons: The management is too controlling and the environment where I worked at was only interested in publications, not actual progress. Concerns about study design were… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees more free reign. As a Cancer Researcher who has worked in several countries prior to coming to the US, I can assure… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Sandbox or Playground

Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great People and some departments are more efficient than others Cons: If you want to work in an environment where your have big brother and big sister… Advice to Senior Management: Use electronic means of tracking - software that is already available but then… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MD Anderson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MD Anderson CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by MD Anderson employees.