There are newer employer reviews for MD Financial Management

An inspiring place to work

Current Employee - Learning Consultant in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Learning Consultant in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am quite new to MD but already I have noticed a positive difference compared to previous organizations I have worked for. Everyone here is so friendly, creative and supportive. I like the fact that there is a clear investment on the people here - our feedback is always welcomed and everyone works towards the same goal. The culture here is one of continuous learning, acceptance of differences, and acknowledgement of creativity!

Work life balance is not only preached but actually happens and the benefits are great!

Looking forward to retirement with this great place.

Cons

The use of acronyms takes getting used to

Advice to Management

Continue your open door policy and sharing of fresh ideas!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best Organiation I've Worked With

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Amazing Executive Team and CEO. They listen and they care. They actively seek your opinion/feedback and communicate.
    -Great culture - people are respectful, there are no internal politics. People who don't live by the companys culture aren't tolerated.
    -Work/life Balance. Coming from hi-tech, I was pleasantly surprised by the non-expectation to work overtime and weekends. Managers insist on not checking BB's and email on the weekends and evening.
    -Sincere about what the company is about: The company's philosophy is "physicians first" and it's true. The company is not publicy traded or driven by revenue. There are no shareholders. It's main objective is truly driven by providing the best for our Canadian Physicians. Revenue is re-invested back into the company
    -Stability and Low turnover: The company has been around for ages. As long as your a good performer and align with the culture, it can be a long and rewarding career.
    -Compensation: Compensation is comparable with industry standards. Excellent health benefits and a pension plan that is comparable to government. Focused effort of recognition and providing value to employees.
    -Development Opportunties: In my 3 years, I have seen many peers and colleagues move on to other positions. Most promotions are made internally. The company is not afraid to get rid of dead weight...it's refreshing.

Cons

-Some people are still afraid of change. The company has been around for a long time and some of the employees have been there for some time - some of those are afraid of/or resistant to change.
    -Some of the managers need to learn how to be 'leaders' instead of managers.

Don't work there if you are software engineer

Former Employee - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I worked at MD Financial Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work is not demanding. Required working hour is only 35 per week.

Cons

Work is very entry level. Software is outdated, and regulated by the government. You won't learn anything working there, just waste your time.
    Management in the parent company is a disaster. Senior management clear house. You can image how horrible it that.