Terrible

Current Employee - Mechanical Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Mechanical Systems Engineer

I have been working at MD Helicopters

Pros

Interesting products and an ability to work on various parts of the aircraft. An ability to see many sides of the aerospace business.

Cons

Management does not respect the people. There are several instances of micro-management that is often denied. Managers are continually having pissing contests.

Other Reviews for MD Helicopters

Enjoy the people I work with. Management is horrible all the way up.

Current Employee - Light Helicopter Technician  in  Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Light Helicopter Technician in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at MD Helicopters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The other mechanics that I work with are awesome colleagues.

Cons

They use you and show no appreciation. Have worked there a long time and pay doesn't reflect. Amount of responsibility doesn't get reflected with compensation.

Appreciate your people. Show them they matter.

One of the worst companies I ever worked for.

Current Employee - Production Mechanic  in  Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Production Mechanic in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at MD Helicopters full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working for MD Helicopters.

Cons

Management has no respect for employees. Everyone blames someone else for poor work to get them fired. If you happen to get in there and your over fifty they will fire you. Age discrimination is common. As a licensed A&P mechanic over 50 I was let go quickly. The do not build to the FAA approved blueprints, or follow the FAA guidelines. If the aircraft design was not as hardy as it is then there would be aircraft crashing all the time.
    Very poor management, good old boys club like I have never seen before. Management walks the upper deck all day watching the employees making sure they don't talk to each other or wander in any way from their jobs. This is to always make sure employees are not using the bathroom other than at break and make sure breaks are never exceeded by even a minute.
     Even their employment adds call for young people fresh out of the military, aviation experience or not.

Get rid of all the management from owner/ CEO to the lowest management. Learn management techniques from the 21st century. Close down the sweat shop and completely revamp the place.

There are newer employer reviews for MD Helicopters.

Worked for MD Helicopters? Contribute to the Community!